Indiana Licensure

This page is currently under construction - come back soon to see the final product!


A person wishing to practice as a school social worker in Indiana must hold a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW), the LSW and/or LCSW through the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency (IPLA) (IC 25-23.6-4-1), and obtain a Student Services License from the Indiana Department of Education (IDOE)(515 IAC 8-1-48), which requires practicum experience and knowledge of the school environment. Their unique graduate level training in social work enables them to understand and interpret the influences of the school, home, and community on children.

In summary, Indiana School Social workers must:

Links for Obtaining Needed Licensure: